BRCGS is a scheme designed to harmonize food safety standards across the supply chain. Today, it is globally recognized across food and non-food industries as one of the most rigorous third-party certification schemes.
BRCGS certification is often a fundamental requirement of leading retailers, manufacturers, and food service organizations. By achieving BRCGS certification, you communicate to your customers that your products are safe, legal, and of high quality.
Is BRCGS the Right Certification Scheme for You?
QIMA/WQS offers certification under the BRCGS Global Standards for the following members of the food supply chain:
For food producers (fruit, vegetables, meat, poultry, aquaculture), and processing facilities, food service organizations.
- BRCGS Plant-Based Global:
For products that have been manufactured or prepared at the site where the audit has taken place and will include storage facilities that are under the direct control of the production site management.
- BRCGS for Packaging and Packaging Materials:
For manufacturers of packaging materials for all types of products, including food and non-food.
- BRCGS for Storage and Distribution:
For storage, warehousing, logistics, and transport providers.
What is Assessed During BRCGS Certification?
The following criteria are assessed during certification under respective BRC Global Standards:
- Senior management commitment and the development of a culture of product safety
- Significant food safety hazards for products and processes, to ensure the safety of products based on hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) and a food safety plan
- Quality management systems for the documentation of organizational and management policies and procedures
- Environmental and operational conditions necessary for the production of safe food
- Development of food fraud prevention systems to protect the site from purchasing fraudulent materials
- Encouraging sites to develop robust systems for product security and food defense
- Requirements for high-risk, high-care, and ambient high-care production risk zones
Ensures the absence of animal inputs in plant-based products, in the manufacturing, processing, and packing of:
- Processed foods, both own brand, and customer branded
- Ingredients for use by food service companies, catering companies, and food manufacturers
- Pet foods (GFSI benchmarked schemes only)
- Natural health products
BRCGS Packaging Materials:
- Senior management commitment to provide adequate human and financial resources, and an environment that facilitates continual development
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment-based product safety program
- Robust quality management systems to ensure that sites work in a systematic way
- Implementation of good manufacturing practices within the production areas while recognizing the diversity and breadth of the packaging industry, and the skills required to audit it
- Establishment of a microbiological environmental monitoring program based on risk. The importance of product safety and quality culture in the drive to improve transparency and coherence across the supply chain
BRCGS Storage and Distribution:
- Comprehensive scope covering areas of quality, hygiene, and product safety; providing a benchmark for best practice in storage and distribution industries
- Reduction of damage, waste and, therefore costs to the business
- 'Due diligence' requirements of both the certification body and the customers using their service
- Providing a report and certification that customers can trust, no need for their own audits
- Ongoing surveillance and follow-up corrective actions to ensure the establishment of self-improving quality, hygiene and product safety systems
Do You Need BRCGS Certification?
- Add value to your products by complying with a globally recognized standard
- Gain access to new local and global customers, markets, suppliers, and retailers
- Reduce your exposure to food safety and product safety reputational risks
- Reduce costs of failure
Why Choose QIMA/WQS for BRCGS Certification?
- A team with over 30 years of experience in the food industry supply chain, ready to deliver end-to-end solutions to your business.
- Specialized in the food industry, with a structure designed to facilitate and expedite the complex certification process and support you every step of the way.
- Local experienced food auditors approved for multiple schemes specializing in all food safety quality areas.
- More than 9,000 satisfied clients at every stage of the food supply chain.